Thursday, June 10, 2004

"Flat" Rate Priority Mail

I had a discussion with the postmaster yesterday. Some of my customers have had delivery charges added to the "flat rate" priority mailers I use for free shipping. Primarily this has happened when a local postmaster has looked with disbelief at the two pound sample pack (square) folded lovingly into a USPS Flat rate envelope (flat). Some of the confusion has been due to my folding and taping the envelopes in an origami-like fashion into little boxes. It has been decided that such folding is regarded as "altering" the envelope shape, so I'm making some changes to our sample pack of coffees. I will now lay the 4 half pounds of coffee into the envelope "flat", and remove the $2.00 charge for handling. This makes ordering the 2lb. sample package of four coffees only $24.00, and returns the package to a "flat mail envelope" shape. Bon appetite!

--Seth Appell - your personal coffee roaster!
"a gentleman is always ready to serve coffee at a moment's notice"