Thursday, February 09, 2006

Coffee Lovers Valentines!

Good morning and happy post Valentine's Day - I hope you enjoyed sharing some special time with the one you love! Fresh green bean arrived in the shop Thursday, just a day before the big shipping event. Now that the
dust has settled it's time to share the coffee news.

******************************
WE ARE ROASTING A NEW DECAF!
After receiving many requests for another Decaf, I have taken the
initiative and jumped with both feet: I'm roasting a delicious new
Decaf that I'm really happy with. Look forward to enjoying our new
Tanzania Peaberry Natural Decaf! This Natural Decaf coffee is water
processed in Germany.
******************************

THIS WEEKS NEW COFFEES Received 2/09/2006

Sumatra Blue Mandheling -Grower Certified Organic
Syrupy, Sweet, Thick and delightful - Words I would never, ever expect to use to describe a traditional Indonesian coffee. This is incredible,
imagine a cross between the sweet feel of Kenya and the earthy solid
body of Sumatra - I could go on and on. You simply MUST try this to
understand my delight in finding this coffee. BTW - I called for more
of this coffee as soon as I tasted my first cup, and found it was
already sold out. We are talking small farm coffee here! I don't think
my stash will last more than two weeks...

Peruvian Cajamarca Estate - Grower Certified Organic
A smooth mellow coffee, Medium in both body and roast. Peruvian coffees are the smoothest, "easy drinking" specialty coffees, well known and loved for consistent smooth body and fruity highlights.

Colombian Acevedo Huila Premium 16 Scr.
Medium body with a soft sandy finish - this Colombian produces a mild to medium roast, clean and free of any unpleasantness - it's simply
Colombian coffee at it's best. A good starter coffee for people new to
the specialty coffee market.

Kenya Peaberry Rai (Meru)
Another fine Kenya, there is a distinctly citrus "snap" to this
Peaberry. A distinctive syrup feel and caramel finish, with light lemon
highlights that are reminiscent of a great Costa Rican. Beautiful!

Timor Peaberry - Fair Trade Certified Organic
Here's something new, a Peaberry from East Timor! Smokey and clean
Indonesian coffee, this spicy little pea has the distinct flavor of
"smoked Vanilla beans" This is a very unusual and exciting new coffee in
the shop!

Papua New Guinea Kimel X
By far and away my favorite example of a modern processed Indonesian coffee. Of the three Indonesian beans in the shop, you will find the
Kimel sweet, black, simple and shockingly Indonesian. A wonderful bright yet earthy coffee with no bitterness.

El Salvador - Grower Certified Organic
San Rafael Los Naranjos (the Piple Co-Operative) produces an earthy
coffee with the unmistakable aroma of crushed black pepper that drives
me wild over coffees from El Salvador. A fine example of what makes
specialty coffees such a delight, this is a distinctly Central American
classic.

Brazil Santos Mogiana
Looking for a smooth coffee with a velvety finish? I have several
customers who ask for Brazilian coffee in every order - While this
coffee is used primarily in blending and lends it's smoothness to
espresso, there's no denying that the unique character of Brazilian
coffees are found in no other bean...

******************************

This order is by far the largest volume of green beans to arrive at one
time, sixteen 150lb. sacks. I was amazed I could find the space for it
all in this tiny roasting shop!

BTW, I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful comments that I
receive with your orders. I DO read every one and it gives me great
pleasure, I've just never taken time to say THANK YOU!

--Seth Appell - your personal coffee roaster!
"a gentleman is always ready to serve coffee at a moment's notice"