Friday, November 18, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving to You!

As the bus lines used to say, this holiday season, leave the roasting to us! Cold weather must have finally arrived in the north country, Novembers orders have increased almost 100% above last month, so I am ordering green beans to accommodate. We finished this years famous Harar in less than three weeks!

Remember, come rain or snow, the mail must go through! This winter, if you can shovel the snow out to the mailbox, I'll be sure your coffee is waiting ;)

*** Earn FREE coffee from Old Bisbee Roasters! ****
Join The New Roasters Dozen Club!
(A time and money saving coffee offer)
Schedule your coffee deliveries, and earn a FREE pound with every 12!

Be sure to email any Roasters Dozen Club schedule changes you need! It's a snap to move any delivery dates to fit your holiday plans - ask for an extra delivery and earn credit towards your FREE Pound!
******************************

THIS WEEKS NEW COFFEES:

Sumatra Blue Mandheling -Grower Certified Organic
Received 11/15/2005 - Unusually Excellent!
Sometimes we receive a taste of something out of the ordinary - this Sumatra has a sharp unmistakable fruity sweetness to the cup, quite out of character with Sumatra coffees. I'm thrilled! I'll be calling my importer early to book several sacks of this for the holidays.

Kenya AA Gaaki Central (Nyeri)
Received 11/15/2005 - The Holiday Kenya!
Here's another stellar coffee, just in time for the holidays! Thick, sweet, classic Kenya coffee with a good bean size. I'm drinking this coffee as I type, and I'm quietly thanking my importers good judgment in selecting this fine coffee for our enjoyment. Bring on the cold weather, I've got my hot cup of Kenya!

Colombian Inza Cauca Premium 16+
Received 11/15/2005 - Colombian Specialty Coffee!
Medium body with a soft sandy finish - this Colombian produces a mild to medium roast, clean and free of any unpleasantness - it's simply Colombian coffee at it's best. A good starter coffee for people new to the specialty coffee market. We are roasting this fine coffee every day, it's developing a following...

Sulawesi Toraja
Received 11/15/2005 - Smooth Solid and Classy
This month I have a new Indonesian coffee, smooth and very clean and solid , yet subtle. If you are a Timor fan, this will work very well for you - the "quiet cousin" to loud and rowdy Indonesian coffees from Sumatra and New Guinea.

Papua New Guinea Kimel
Received 11/15/2005 - 150 lbs - Your last chance to order!
I am roasting the fabulous product of last season, by far and away my favorite example of a modern processed Indonesian coffee. There is just a bit of this fine bean left in my reserves. Of the three Indonesian beans to arrive today, you will find the Kimel sweet, black, simple and shockingly Indonesian. A wonderful bright coffee with no bitterness.

Timor Aifu - Grower Certified Organic
Received 11/15/2005 - 150 lbs. - Your last chance to order!
While this coffee exhibits the solid size and body of an Indonesian coffee, this Grower Certified Coffee from East Timor surprised me with a clean, crisp, almost Smokey taste. This is the final and last bag of Timor and New Ginea from my famous "stash".

Days are getting shorter, there's MUCH more roasting going on in the shop, and I am making chocolates every day - my first complete boxes of chocolates shipped this week. I'll be placing this years chocolates on the website as soon as I can find my camera - just in time for the holidays!

That's all for tonight, I'll email again as soon as new coffees arrive. Thanks as always for your letters, phone calls and support!

--Seth Appell - your personal coffee roaster!
"a gentleman is always ready to serve coffee at a moment's notice"